Terms & Conditions
Booking Terms & Conditions
Thank you for choosing Roof Talk Theme Hostel as your accommodation in Johor. We are grateful for your trust and we promise to make your stay memorable and enjoy Johor at its best.
As a Hostel housed in a shot lot building we do not have lifts or escalators. Staircases lead to second floor of the hostel. Physically challenged guests and young children below 8 years may not find this suitable.
Please be informed that a deposit of RM 50/ person will be required upon check-in which is totally refundable at check-out once the hostel items (Key Card) are returned at reception. We will also need to make a copy of a valid identity document for each person who will check-in (in case of a group).
Check in & check out
You may check in any time from 9am onwards. Your room may not be available until 2 pm on your day of arrival, however you are most welcome to leave your luggage at our reception or relax in our lounge after 9am until your room is ready. Check out is by 12pm on your departure date. As a courtesy, you may arrange to leave your luggage with us and collect it later on in the day.
Cancellation and amendments Policy
If you made your booking directly with Hostelworld, Agoda or Airbnb, please inform them about your booking. Your booking deposits are usually kept with them. Please contact them directly for any clarification and you will have to check with them about their policy.
In cases of amendments, If you made your booking directly with us, simply inform us on the new dates of your stay at least 48 hours before check in time (2pm) your planned arrival. Your new booking dates will be subject to availability. Any amendment made less than 48 hours will be considered a cancellation.
In case of cancellation to the cancelled date or no-shows, the payment is not refundable.
Early Departure Policy
Guests checking out prior to confirmed departure date will incur one night’s accommodation early departure fee. To avoid this charge please inform the management before 10am one day prior to you new departure date.
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE BEFORE MAKING A BOOKING
• Wheel chair is not accessible since our hostel has no lift.
• Guest failure to arrive on the stated arrival time without notifying your booking will be cancelled after 3 hours. We will keep the room/bed for you for 3 hours from the stated time of arrival. After which, it will be released to other guests.
• If there is any delay in your itinerary, please let us know through phone or email to enable us to reserve the room for you. *In case of cancellation or no show, booking fees paid are non-refundable*
• Payment & Securing reservations
• Full payment will be charged before check-in and no refund for cancellation.
• For Online Booking through our website: All reservations need to be secured with a 100% payment. When we have received the payment, we will send you a confirmation email. Your reservation is confirmed only after we have received your payment. Please note that this does not apply for big group bookings (6 beds and above). Please email us if you plan to make a big group booking.
• For Online Booking through Agoda, Hostelworld, Airbnb: Please follow their booking policy, kindly contact them directly for any clarification.
• For Walk-In: Please prepare full payment upon check-in. Please note that all transactions are in CASH term only as we do not have facilities to handle payments in credit cards.
• We’ll need a deposit of RM 50 for your key card upon arrival. But don’t worry – it’s fully refundable when you return key card to reception before you leave.
• Release of reserved beds: If there is no payment made within 24 hours, the hostel reserves the right to release the beds to other guests.
• Reception opening hours: Our receptions are from 8.30 am to 9.30 pm. However, if you are arriving after 6 pm, please inform us during your booking. We will email you late check-in instructions for you to enter the hostel. It is important that you call ahead to ensure that there is someone to check you in when you arrive. Please give us a call before you make your way to our hostels. Please keep us updated on any changes to your schedule or arrival timings.
• Cancellation policy:
• All payment paid are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
• In case of cancellation to the cancelled date or no-shows, the payment is not refundable.
• In cases of amendments to reservation dates/ room types made less than 48 hours before check in time (2pm) to the original date(s), the full charges of the original date(s) is payable.
• Please note that our cancellation policy is set out to be fair to the guest whilst compensating us for lost booking opportunities brought about by the cancellation. We cannot take responsibility for the change of your travel arrangements.
• Roof Talk Theme Hostel will not make exceptions to the cancellation policy due to guests’ personal circumstances or force majeure. Personal circumstances include illness, changes in travel plans, travel delays, and any other reasons related to the guests’ personal circumstances which results in them not being able to fulfill the booking with Roof Talk Theme Hostel, with the exception of serious illness, serious injury or the death of the guest. Force majeure includes war, strikes, natural catastrophes and any other events considered ‘acts of God.’
• Key card deposit:
There is a RM50 & security deposit per person payable in cash upon check-in. It is refundable upon an incident-free check-out.
• Age limit: As a Hostel housed in a shot lot building we do not have lifts or escalators. You have to be at least 18 years old to stay in a dormitory. If you are travelling with children between 8 years old to 18 years old, you have to book out all the beds in the room to make it a private room. We do not accept children below 8 years old.
• Restricted guests: We reserve the right to reject service to any unsuitable persons to preserve the tourist atmosphere of the hostel. All deposits and monies paid will not be returned.
• Identification documents: All guests are required to produce a valid travel or identification document during check-in. We will also need to make a copy of a valid identity document for each person who will check-in. Should any guest be unable to produce identification documents, we reserve the right to reject service to him/her. All deposits/ monies paid will not be returned.
• Room allocation: We reserve the right to allocate rooms based on availability. We also reserve the right to allocate you to a room type similar to what you have booked should the room be unavailable upon your arrival. We will refund you the difference accordingly.
• Release of beds: If you are going to be delayed, please email us or call to inform us. We seek your kind understanding in this.